If you want to remove the unhealthy snacks, and also you miss a replacement for them, why not try the corn – maize.
In addition, you can try and consume cooked or roast maize.
This food is not only delicious but also extremely healthy and low in calorie.
Nowadays, many nutritionists recommend this ingredient as an integral part of almost every menu.
That is because the list of health benefits of this ingredient is very long.
Due to the high content of plant fibers, maize is also:
– A great diuretic
– The accelerator of your metabolism
– The ingredient that lowers cholesterol
It is also good for stomach diseases because it alleviates symptoms of gastritis and ulcers.
At the same time, it significantly reduces heartburn.
Corn health benefits
– It prevents diverticular diseases
– You will have healthier eyes
– Can prevent anemia
– Also, it can prevent cancer
– A great source of fiber
– It helps in losing weight
– It contains bio-active plant compounds
– Also, it is gluten-free
– A great source of energy
– It provides energy for diabetics
– Also, it prevents hypertension
– Abundant with manganese
– It can also prevent Alzheimer`s disease
Of course, all of these health benefits are for organic maize, not for genetically modified corn.
The high content of vitamin B complex has also the effect of lowering homocysteine levels in the blood.
Homocysteine levels in the blood damage the blood vessels.
Therefore, regular consumption of maize will reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Studies also show that it:
– Prevents anemia
– Relieves muscle pain
– Also, relieves depression
– Improves concentration
– Strengthens the nervous system
Unlike most foodstuffs that lose body fat with thermal preparation, cooked or roasted corn slightly reduces vitamin C.
At the same time, it releases antioxidant molecules, which increases its power.