Nutritionists consider Elderberry juice to be a valuable ingredient in every kitchen.
In addition, elderberries contain other medicinal substances that act antivirally, antibacterial, and diuretic.
Elderberry juice is an excellent natural remedy for the season of colds and flu occur.
At the same time, it helps in constipation, weakness, neuralgia, and stress.
People also call this natural juice the “autumn sister” of the spring elderflower juice which you can prepare every spring.
Elderberries you cannot eat raw because they are toxic and can cause poisoning.
By thermal processing, berry toxicity is completely destroyed, so elderberry juice is completely safe for consumption.
This natural and healthy juice you need to make of completely ripe, juicy elderberries that are harvested in September.
We bring you a recipe for a drink that will boost your immune system and raise blood iron levels.
At the same time, it will help you if you have elevated temperature, and it`s also very tasty.
Children can also drink this juice if you do not put ginger.
Elderberry juice recipe
Ingredients that you need for the recipe:
– 1 kilogram of mature (ripe) elderberries
– 1 liter of fresh water
– 0.75 kilograms of sugar
– 2 cm of fresh ginger root
– Lemon juice from the whole lemon
– 0.5 kg of raw organic honey
Preparation of the recipe:
– 1. Put elderberries into 1 liter of water and put them to cook.
Remove them from the fire after 15 minutes of cooking.
Then add sugar, ginger, and lemon juice from the whole lemon.
– 2. Cover, allow it to stay for 30 minutes and also strain through the strainer or gauze.
– 3. Strained juice put on the heat up to boiling.
Add honey, mix it well, and while the juice is still warm, pour it into clean glass bottles.
Health benefits of elderberry juice:
– Improve your respiratory health
– Aid digestion
– Improve your bone health
– Boost immunity
– Helps in weight loss
– Skincare – anti-aging
– It can treat diabetes
– Relieve constipation
– It is good for cardiovascular health and also cholesterol
– It minimizes the risk of cancer – it`s abundant with antioxidants
Store in a cold and dark place (it can also be in the fridge), so use it as a dilution syrup.