Mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana) is a very healing tropical fruit from South Asia, although still poorly known in some countries.
Edible and medicinal plant part is the fruit and grows on a tree that is usually wild.
Otherwise, this tropical fruit is difficult to grow.
Mangosteen is the size of tangerines but has his own unique and interesting look.
The fruit is purple from outside and the inside is almost completely white.
It`s edible the white part of the plant.
The taste of this fruit is difficult to define but we can say that resembles a blend of peach, strawberry, and vanilla.
In southern Asia, mangosteen people usually call “Fruit of the Gods”.
People use this fruit in traditional medicine for more than 400 years.
People use mangosteen for
– Lowering the body temperature
– Skin diseases
– For prevention the various types of infectious diseases
The mangosteen is very rich in vitamins, enzymes, trace elements, anthocyanins and also is a very powerful antioxidant.
Therefore, this amazing fruit can help in
– Fighting infections, viruses, fungi, parasites
– Slowing the aging process
– Preventing the occurrence of cancer
– Stimulating the production of red blood cells
– Reducing the risk of diabetes
– Alleviating the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
– Increasing the immunity
– Preserving the health of your eyes
– Preventing the formation of cataracts
– Preventing the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease
– Reducing the symptoms of allergies
– Reducing the symptoms of migraines
– It has also effect for people that are suffering from tuberculosis
– Reducing the risk of myocardial infarction or stroke
– Treating skin blemishes, acne, dry skin, and also oily skin
– Repairing the damaged body cell
– Reducing premenstrual symptoms – PMS
– Treating hypertension
– Treating mood swings and dizziness
– Regulating menstruation
In addition, it has a beneficial effect on the digestive system, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
At the same time, this medicinal tropical fruit is a mild analgesic and anti-depressant.
When we know all of these health benefits, it’s a pity that is not yet sold in supermarkets all over the world.